Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 6: May 13th

Today was the BMW day,  so we drove to Munich to tour the BMW museum and BMW Welt, which is kinda like a giant show room.  We had a few hours off to tour the museum/ show room by ourselves, so I hung out with Katie, Sydney, Veronica and Lindsey for most of the time.  We stopped in the museum to have a quick breakfast, which was really good.  I liked seeing all the old cars and the progressions as the years went on and the cars got more current.




In the showroom, we were allowed to sit in a few of the BMWs.  


BMW headquarters

While writing this blog, I realized that Ben (in the blue raincoat) is in nearly all of my pictures.  He is very tall, so every time I take a picture of something his head is usually in the picture- or in this case, half of his body.  I laughed about this with Katie for a few minutes, because it's nearly impossible to find pictures without him in it.  

After the museum, they took us on a tour of the productions factory, which was my favorite part of the trip.  We started off with plain sheets of metal, and our tour guide showed us how they're pressed into the right shape, and then the entire process from there- including painting, coating, putting the pieces together and welding.  We weren't allowed to take any pictures during the tour, so I don't have any to put in my blog.  However, when we passed the welding room we got to see all the KUKA robots in action.  I really liked this, since we went to see KUKA the other day.  At KUKA, we got to see robots making other robots, so I liked seeing the robots in action and actually making the cars.  

When we got back from BMW, the Germans took us out to eat for my birthday, which was very nice of them.   Thanks to Lucie (and Sophia and Dennis!) for organizing everything!  After dinner, we went out to Peaches for a more relaxed night out, which was very fun.  We all danced a little bit and the Germans bought my drinks for me.  I didn't expect them to, so it was a really fun surprise.  While at Peaches, I talked a little bit with Lucie, and she wanted to make sure that I was having a good time. She told me how she had spent one birthday abroad, and how she felt so out of place, and she didn't want me to feel like that at all.  This was so sweet of her- and I ended up having an amazing birthday!

Lucie and I at Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment